TAMU-CC Study Abroad Scholarship Program
Application rounds for 2018/2019
Fall 2018: June 1st, 2018
Spring 2019: November 15th 2018
Summer 2019: February 15th, 2019
Once you are redirected to the application, use your Blackboard ID and password to log in.
If you do not have an Islander ID, please visit newuser.tamucc.edu
and choose "Islander ID" to obtain a username and password.
Number of awards and amounts are subject to availability
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must
- Have and maintain a 2.5 TAMU-CC Institutional GPA.
- Be enrolled full-time at TAMU-CC.
- During the Study Abroad semester, you must also be enrolled full time (Fall/Spring 12 credit hours or Summer 6 credit hours).
- Should take Study Abroad courses which are connected to your TAMU-CC degree plan.
- Complete the online application
- Include the Letter of Acceptance from your Study Abroad Program.
- Include an email address of one professor for the Letter of Recommendation (we suggest you ask the professor beforehand if they are willing write a letter for you).
- The scholarship system will generate an email to the professor asking him or her to submit the letter online.
- Check with the professor about a week after you have submitted your application to make sure that the Letter of Recommendation has been completed through the scholarship system.
- Applications are reviewed during the 10-day period following the deadline.
- About 2 weeks afterwards, you will receive an email indicating whether you were awarded or declined.
- Follow the directions in the email on how to accept the terms of the scholarship.
- For instructions on how to appeal a scholarship decision, contact the Scholarship Office.
- Funds will be deposited into your Univeristy account 3-7 days prior to the first class day of the semester that you study abroad.
- In order to retain your award, you must maintain a 2.5 TAMU-CC Institutional GPA for the semester before you go abroad.