After you have been notified by the scholarship office about your scholarship award, please be sure to complete the following steps:
- Return the scholarship acceptance award form by designated date. You will receive this form in your scholarship award notification with listed deadline.
- Complete the FAFSA.
*All scholarships are awarded on a first come, first serve basis and are limited to the availability of funds; should requirements not be met, scholarships may be forfeited and given to another Islander.
How to accept your scholarship award(s)
To review and accept and/or decline your awards, you must:
- Login to S.A.I.L.
- From the main menu, select the Financial Aid tab.
- Click the Award link.
- Click the Award for Aid Year link.
- From the drop-down menu, select the award year you would like to view and click Submit.
- Please review each information tab carefully for details regarding your awards.
- Before you can accept your awards, you must first accept the Terms and Conditions (noted on the Terms and Conditions tab) by clicking the check box shown at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the Accept Award Offer tab.
From this tab, you can review the award(s) being offered to you.
- To accept all award amounts being offered to you, click the Accept Full Amount of All Awards button.
- If you would like to accept certain awards while declining others, select Accept or Decline from the adjoining drop-down menus and click Submit.
- To accept a partial amount of an award, enter the amount you would like to accept in the Accept Partial Amount field. Then, select Accept from the adjoining drop-down menu and click Submit.
- If you do not wish to not make a decision at that time, you may select Decide Later from the drop-down menu. Remember - you have a two-week time frame to either accept/decline your award offer.